We’re strategists, relationship builders, creatives, analysts, and generally, just a group of down-to-earth professionals. Day in and day out, we manage the most important asset businesses have: their knowledge. We build content-rich online environments that enable our clients to strategically deploy knowledge from every corner of their business to every stakeholder who contributes to their growth.
Through this process we revolutionize businesses.
Now, All Roads is looking for an ambitious Content Development Project Manager with the ability to develop and execute projects with strategic precision. We seek new teammates who simply love content. Specialists who can map knowledge, plan curriculum-based content, create amazing content orders, engage with writers and designers, can edit and wordsmith, and can ensure that our content-laden websites are rich and interactive learning experiences.
At All Roads, Content Development Project Managers are responsible for the following work:
- Knowledge Mapping and Content Planning
- Using our proprietary knowledge mapping software, Content Development Project Managers are responsible for managing the knowledge base of our clients and working with them to determine the highest priorities for content development, and the best content medium and style for each piece.
- Content Interviews
- Conduct interviews with clients and other key knowledge holders to secure the information required by content producers to create accurate and engaging material.
- Content Orders and Production Management
- Using our best practices, create precise content orders for our team of dedicated content producers including writers, designers and videographers.
- Manage the content production process to ensure that each piece of content is delivered on time, on budget and adheres to our high quality standards. This means that each piece is strategically aligned to the overall needs of each client program.
- Manage the production of educational content and site copy that is both on strategy and flawless every time.
- Coordination with Design
- Interact with designers to ensure that each content piece, and the overall content environment, has the necessary design elements to engage the target audience. This work includes the production of infographics, image selection, and content layout decisions.
- Editing, Proofing and Wordsmithing
- Word perfect and perfect words. Content Development Project Managers ensure not just that our content is error free, but that each piece speaks to the target audience and is a joy to absorb.
- Create compelling headlines, and write quiz and test questions.
- Content Uploading
- The work isn’t done when the content is approved. Content must be uploaded to eLearning systems and Authoritative public websites in such a way that the reader is excited to reach each piece. This work includes formatting, image selection and interlinking.
All of our Project Managers are given the opportunity to cross train within other disciplines including: web system development, digital marketing, and strategic planning as part of their career growth with us.
Successful project managers either grow to become specialists with us, or excel in client leadership and knowledge-in-motion strategic planning to become Account Strategists. As such, we look for the following in our project management team members:
- Executing Strategic, Flawless Work - Working cross-functionally with development, content, design, and planning teams to create world-beating project results for clients
- Presenting and Teaching - Days are often spent creating, improving, and presenting important tactics to multiple stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Transforming Strategy Into Action - Working within an established brand & content strategy plan, managing robust processes to ensure strategic projects are created and delivered on time and on strategy.
- Keeping Everyone On Track - Staying cool while expertly managing competing priorities on multiple projects, and proactively managing expectations of all parties involved.
- Reporting to Account Strategists and Production Director - Working closely with peers during daily check-ins to ensure deliverables are being met, timelines are followed and strategic thinking is sound
- Building Management Skills - Developing management and coaching skills by working with interns and placement students.
Successful Project Managers:
- Are curious, question-asking, lifelong learners
- Have a place for everything and everything in it’s place. They’re extremely organized and have systems in place to keep all details accounted for.
- Are action-oriented and always get it done no matter the challenge
- Have high quality standards - it’s not just about checking items off a list, it’s about creating world-class work on time and on budget, and THEN checking it off the list.
- Are confident in their skills while simultaneously knowing what they don’t know
- Get excited at the prospect of making real change in the lives and businesses of their clients
- Have an appreciation for research, measurement, and strategy
We Are Looking For:
- 2+ Years’ experience in journalism, content management, content development, content design, or content editing.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience creating timelines, preparing agendas, taking meeting notes, and other project management skills
- Excellent professional references
- University degree
All of our employees are required to follow our core values:
- Know Their Stuff - Come prepared to every meeting, conversation, and brainstorm ready to lead, learn, and work. Operate with precision, be engaged, and think critically about their role, their part in the larger organization, and our position as strategic partners to our clients.
- Think It Through - Practice intentional decision-making and deep critical thinking. Everyone is expected to contribute to the “mental heavy lifting” that leads to fewer mistakes and better results.
- Get Together – Engage team members, partners,clients and SMEs at just the right times to get the job done strategically, creatively, and efficiently. Encourage teamwork, collaboration, idea sharing, and help foster a sense of community.
- Do The Right Thing - No matter the challenges we face, our people are always empowered and expected to do the right thing.
- Light It Up - Get excited. Impress us. Light up every room, every presentation, and every client engagement. Move mountains. Make changes happen. Bring your best self to work everyday and bring the best out in those around you.
All Roads makes space for big-picture-thinkers and problems-solvers who want to create and lead. Our team is comprised of people who can work well in groups, as well as independently, all while being organized. We don’t make excuses. We don’t do drama. We take ownership in our successes and challenges and use every experience to build a strong, supportive workplace environment.
We have two amazing office locations in Toronto and Kingston, Ontario. Both cities and offices offer their own advantages but expect to work with fun and professional people, find joy in your work day, free coffee, learning sessions, epic company parties and annual retreats, and flexible management who understand that life should get in the way of work sometimes.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please apply here and tell us why you’d be a great addition to our team.